I want to share a new recipe with you guys. My hubby and I have made this twice now. It’s super simple and really yummy. We made it gluten-free, but you don’t have to.
Here’s the things you will need:
- 1 lb. of beef cubes
- 3 tablespoons of almond flour
- 1/2 cup water + 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic or garlic powder
- 2 bunches of broccoli
- 1 small onion, cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup of tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon grated (or ground) ginger
- 1 cup brown rice
A few substitutions and side notes: I think this dish would be good with chicken too, but then it would have to be called chicken and broccoli. 😉 I haven’t tried it yet though, so let me know how it turns out if you use chicken. If you prefer, you can use corn starch instead of almond flour. I used brown rice flour the first time, but I liked the almond flour a lot better. You can use regular soy sauce if you want. I won’t judge. 😉 And, for the rice, we use this stuff. It’s a brown rice and quinoa blend. It’s organic, and it only takes 90 seconds in the microwave. Love it! We buy it at Costco all the time.
1. Mix 2 tablespoons almond flour, garlic, and 2 tablespoons of water in a bowl until smooth.
2. Add beef to bowl and coat with flour mixture.
3. In a wok or pan, stir fry beef in one tablespoon of oil until desired tenderness is reached. Set aside in a separate container and keep warm.
4. Stir fry broccoli and onion in remaining oil (1 tablespoon) for ~5 minutes.
5. Return beef to pan.
6. Mix 1/2 cup of water, remaining almond flour (1 tablespoon), tamari and ginger in a small bowl until smooth. Add to pan.
7. Cook over medium heat for two minutes.
8. Serve over rice and enjoy.
Let me know what you think about this recipe. I am going to add it to our go-to meals because it’s quick and there’s always leftovers for lunch. That’s a plus because then I don’t have to worry about making my lunch to bring to work the next day. What are some of your favorite go-to meals?